How well do you know the Nollywood diva, Omotola Jalade?
Omotola Jalade is arguably one of the most celebrated Nollywood actress. Here are some info you may not know about her.
1. She is a family woman: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde is married to an airline pilot and is a mother of four children.
2. She is an activist: Omotola Jalade uses her stardom to speak out about social issues affecting various African countries. An ambassador for the United Nations and an activist with Amnesty International, Jalade-Ekeinde has been on missions to Sierra Leone and Liberia.
3. She lost her father early in life. Jalade-Ekeinde lost her beloved father in her early teens. She started working at 15 to help support her family, her first job being a model.
4. Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde is also into music. She loves music but decided to launch her singing career after she became an activist and started working with the U.N. World Food Programme. “I started going on all these missions and I came back and I saw so much I wanted to sing about it,” she explains. “I’ve always wanted to sing all my life anyway, but that was the motivation I needed.”
5. She has no scandals. Unlike most Nollywood celebrities, nothings scandalous has been dug up about her.
6. Her deepest fear is the wrath of God.
7. Her surname, Ekeinde is not a Yoruba name as her husband, Matthew Ekeinde is from Sabongida Ora in Edo State.
8. Her favourite sport is wrestling and Hulk Hogan and Sean Micheal are her favourite wrestlers.
9. She thinks Jim Iyke is the best dressed man in Nollywood and Regina Askia was her greatest competition as a young actress.
10. Omotola Jalade speaks her Ondo dialect well and some measure of Igbo.