How well do you know the famous Mr Capable, Banky W?
Banky W is without any measure of doubt one of the most celebrated artiste and producer in the Nigerian music industry. Here are some things you may not know about Olubankole Wellington, popularly known as Banky W.
1. He was born on 27 March 1981 (age 34) in the United States.
2. He read engineering. A graduate of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, New York, United States (on scholarship for that matter), Banky W practised as a qualified Engineer for a bit in the United States before the call to music became too strong to ignore and he traded his hard hat for a microphone.
3. He is an American citizen. Banky W was actually born in the United States and moved back to Nigeria with his family when he was 5 years. He spent the rest of the time in Nigeria and only returned to the States for his university education.
4. He loves to cook. He has posted some pictures of himself in the kitchen
5. He loves writing. Banky W is an accomplished writer often penning the lyrics to his songs. He also has a blog ‘The Bank Statements’ where he puts down his thoughts on varied issues. Also not forgetting the highly articulate article he wrote in response to Reuben Abati a few years ago..incase you missed that, Google is your friend.
6. Banky W is a philanthropist. As a philanthropist, he launched the “I AM CAPABLE” scholarship fund, which provides tuition, room & board at private universities for youth who are in need and meet the grade requirements. He’s also on the board of trustees of the “LightupNigeria” Project, which is focused on achieving constant electrical power supply in Nigeria, as well as various other charitable society building and empowering projects.
7. He is a die-hard Arsenal fan. He often celebrates on social media when the team wins and whines when Arsenal loses.