The media has quoted Bishop David Oyedepo as saying he will open “hell” on those who oppose President Goodluck Jonathan while praying for him.
Watch the video below.
The Winners Chapel Media & Publicity Department also stated the following in the statement they released earlier;
- There was no mention of “hell” in the prayer
- There was no mention of “the gates of hell” in the prayer
- There was no mention of “opposition” or “oppose” in that prayer
- It is very clear that these mischief makers where waiting for an opportunity, which presented itself in President Jonathan’s visit to the church in the heat of the campaigns. And with what we have seen, most politicians can do just anything to whip up sentiments and score cheap political points.
- The church has never been involved in partisan politics but has been prayerfully active in ensuring that the Nigerian ship doesn’t sink
- The church has always obeyed the biblical injunction to pray for those in authority and the “peace of Jerusalem.”
- This is not an attempt to defend the church or Bishop Oyedepo, as we already know that no matter how far a lie has travelled, the truth will definitely overtake it.
- This is also not an attempt to defend God, bcause the Almighty God is more than able to defend himself.
- As you read this, no one has even called to confirm from the ministry the veracity of this claim and a video recording of the service which is equally online has been labeled “doctored” by those who are bent on dragging the name of the church into partisan politics.
- For the record, this is exactly what happened; whatever is being peddled was obviously created by those who want to benefit politically from the controversy; and promoted by bloggers who want to drive traffic to their sites; and spread by those who already think they have an axe to grind with their perceived lifestyle of Bishop Oyedepo.