Former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo has today attacked President Goodluck Jonathan as usual, enumerating the short-comings of his government. He also went ahead to condemn the Presiding Bishop of Living Faith Ministries, Bishop David Oyedepo. It is in fact a reaction to the warm welcome and obvious support the incumbent president who is seeking reelection received when he visited the Winners Chapel of the ministry in Ota, Ogun State last Sunday.
Chief Obasanjo took to his twitter handle and told his followers to not “let any pastor tell you who to vote for. Does Oyedepo experience the effects of misgovernance? Be wise”
Meanwhile, the social media has been agog with many Nigerians condemning the open support Goodluck Jonathan received from the church which is perceived to be one of the most populated churches in Nigeria only rivaled by Redeemed Christian Church of God and Mountain of Fire Ministries in membership strength. They also criticized the clergy for saying to Mr. Jonathan that he will “open hell on those who oppose you.”
The former Nigerian president highlighted the following in his tweets;
1. “Has Bishop Oyedepo spoken out to condemn the legalized looting of billions of dollars taking place under the watch of President Jonathan?
2. “Did Bishop Oyedepo condemn the failure of the President to rescue the Chibok girls 9 months after they were kidnapped by the insurgents
3. “Did Bishop Oyedepo speak out to condemn the manner in which the almost 300 Chibok girls were kidnapped?
4. “Did Oyedepo speak out when ASUU & ASUP were on strike twice in 4 years thereby leading to the loss of almost 2years in the academic calender
5. “How many of the Pastors that are telling you to vote for GEJ have children who are unemployed graduates sitting at home?”
The former president also said that “voting GEJ is a guarantee of another 4 years of insurgency that will claim more lives and disintegrate Nigeria.”
View the tweets below;