Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode disbanded and dissolved all the head of the state’s agencies and intergovernmental organizations on Monday, 15th of June which in effect, sacked the sister of the former state Governor, Babatunde Fashola.
Miss Olayinka Fashola was the General Manager of Lagos State Residents Registration Agency, (LASRRA) before her removal on Monday.
Other crucial agencies’ board dissolved by the state government include:
- Lagos State Waste Management Agency, LAWMA,
- Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, LASEMA
- Lagos State Christian Pilgrims Welfare Board
- Lagos State Traffic Management Agency, LASTMA
- Lagos State Electricity Board
- Urban Furniture and Regulatory Unit, UFRU
- Lagos Water Cooperation
- Lagos Internal Revenue Service
- Lagos State Building Control Agency, LABCA
- LAGBUS Assets
- Lagos State Lotteries Board,.
- Lagos State Waterways Authority
- Lagos State Building Investment Company Limited
- Lagos State Ferry Services
- Lagos State Records and Archives Bureau
- Lagos State Printing Cooperation
- Lagos State Television
- Lagos State Traffic Radio
- Eko FM, Radio Lagos.
The secretary to the state government, Mr Tunji Bello however said the exercise was with the exemption of the Civil Service Commission, Judicial Service Commission and the State Independent Electoral Commission.