There was a fire outbreak recently in the Christ Embassy Church, Oregun. The fire gutted properties worth millions of naira.
The Christ Embassy Church, Oregun, Lagos State was gutted by fire recently. The fire damaged properties worth millions of naira.
The fire which lasted for two hours gutted four 40-feet containers, which were being used as the church’s storage facilities.
Eye witnesses disclosed that the fire began at the wee hours of the morning. According to The Punch, the inferno was caused by a burning heap of refuse, which later engulfed the containers near an uncompleted building on the church premises. A similar incident occurred in the Christ Embassy Church in March 2014, which razed generator houses, damaging about 10 generators.
The Director, Lagos State Fire Service, Rasaq Fadipe, confirmed the incident, adding that the service deployed two fire trucks from the Alausa station in the area. The director noted that no life was lost in the inferno.
We got the distress call at about 5am. We immediately deployed two fire trucks from the Alausa Station to attend to it. Four containers caught up in the fire contained electrical appliances, pumping machines and pieces of furniture.
We were able to put the situation under control.
Rasaq Fadipe, the Director, Lagos State Fire Service has warned against indiscriminate burning of refuse and other activities that could trigger a fire outbreak.