So many cases of people dying from poisoned local gin seems to be on the rise as new reports show that two people have died in Edo State, and three hospitalized after consuming locally brewed gin popularly known as ogogoro.
The drink which is believed to have been contaminated, led the five [people to begin complaining of serious stomach upset few moments after consuming it.
The tragic incident was reported to have happened in Ugeida, South Ibie in the Etsako-West Local Government Area of the State.
Mr Lukman Rilwan, an eyewitness, explained that:
ALSO READ: Lassa Fever: Lagos Health Officers Kill Over 7,000 Rats In Major Markets
After they consumed the gin, they began to complain of stomach ache; unfortunately two died immediately, while three others are currently hospitalised.
ALSO READ: Blackface Issues Warning To Anyone Who Tries To Steal His Material Again
Alhaji Kelvin Danesi, the traditional ruler of the town with the Chairman, Etsako-West Local Government, Mr Yesufu Busari, have revealed that the consumption of local gin will be banned.