In preparation for 2019 general election, the National Coordinator of Atiku WAZOBIA, Mr. Gabriel Churchill Chukwuemeka , has disclosed Wazobia’s plan to choose Atiku Abubakar as Presidential aspirant for South east region.
He disclosed this while inaugurating coordinators of the group in the Southeast region in Owerri.
- He said: “All of us have seen what this country has been turned into and we need a saviour that will rescue us from this bad governance.
- “We need a leader that is well experienced about the issue of governance and that does not discriminate. We need a leader that does not practice nepotism.
- “We need a leader that believes in equality and does not segregate along ethnic lines; a leader who believes in the collective interest of the different climes that make up a country.
- “Because we are tired of this favouritism style of administration, we are calling on Atiku to come and save this country from collapsing.
- “This is a move to ensure that the zone is carried along in the wind of positive change coming to Nigerians and also for the zone to speak in one voice.”
- The names of the newly inaugurated coordinators are Mr. Chukwura Onochie, Anambra; Mr. Emeka Charles, Ebonyi; Mr. Uche Umazi, Abia; Mr. Kanayo Afunugo, Enugu; and Mr. Ikechukwu Ohanedo, Imo state.